v Current Employer: WTS Gun Care Center, Kadawatta, Sri Lanka (2015 - till date)
Designation: CNC Application Engineer
• Looked after the training sessions, and guided the new staff employees regarding proper operational methods of several instruments
• Maintained proper and systematic records for the designs planned, machines used, and associated industrial operations
• Handled the manufacturing processes, and provided important technical data on the machining parameters, operational sequences, etc.
• Communicated with various domestic, and international clients regarding their queries, doubts, and other associated AutoCAD problems
Install and perform maintenance service on CNC machine
Troubleshoot Fanuc and Hass CNC controls
Research and contribute in improving production processes
Programmed and set CNC lathes, CNC Milling and CNC Router
Developed machine tooling parts with specific dimension
Used correct cutting tools and achieved precision in producs
Developed and defined components process and application solutions
Acsen Racing Wheels (Pvt) Ltd which was shut down the manufacture alloy wheels January 2014. During the process, I was the responsible engineer at Acsen Racing Wheels (Pvt) Ltd, Boralesgamuwa, Colombo, since 2010.
•Overlooked the entire production line which involved some metallurgical processes, CAM and testing the final product.
• Involved in CAD operations using autocard 2008 and Mastercam X2.
• Experience in operating and maintaining CNC lathe machines, CNC milling machines, industrial furnaces, low pressure die-casting machines, powder coating machines, sand blasting machines and some state of the art measuring instruments.
• Member of the quality control team.
• Testing of the final product using roundness measurement machines, Rockwell hardness testers and Alloy wheel leak testers.
• Involve with the company accounts, inventory maintaining and human resource management.
More than 2 and half Years Experience as Production Engineer at Prospect International Co., Ltd, Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate, Rayong, Thailand.
Prospect Products widely use in auto parts & precision industry such as Suspension System Parts, Shock Absorber, Air-Bag, Air- Compressor, Brake Parts, Engine Parts, Piston Pins, Axel Parts, Frame Body, Golf Club & Motorcycle Parts. Leading Products (Taiwan base)Cold Drawn Steel Pipe (Seamless) And Erw Steel Pipe for Auto-Parts.
Auto Parts Production (ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS 16949:2002)
Machineries of Production Division
CNC Turning Center (Minyang and Miyano), CNC Bending , Auto Lathe (Mingyang), Chamfer 2 head ( SOCO), Circular Saw Cutting (SOCO), Saw Blade Sharpener (SOCO), Stamping (Press) Machine, Broaching Machine, etc..
Undertaking new developments as per the CAD/Drawing received from the customer. To draw the time plan for development and follow up for the same.
Doing manual programming in Fanuc control and able to do CAM Programming in Master CAM X2.
Supervising CNC Machine Operating and handling the post of Tool Room CO- ordinater.
Making all necessary drawings on AutoCAD for CNC, Tool Room, for Job works giving outside.
Implementation of 5S in the plant.
To entertain the customer enquiries regarding new components.
Preparing and maintaining the daily, monthly, yearly production report.
Doing the inspection of the production and preparing the production chart. Maintains of machines.
I joined as a trainee engineer with this organization, but few months after promoted as production engineer.
During my working period, I had involved helping Marketing, Customer Care, preparing CBD report and other activates. Especially I got some strong knowledge of CNC turning Center installation, programming and maintenance with Fanuc control.
Experience as a Chemist at Continential Vanaspathi (vegetable oil plant) (Pvt) Ltd for one and half year since 2004.
IN PLANT TRAINING
At Kabool Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, Thullhiriya Mill, Sri Lanka for Six months.
At Crystal Sweater Lanka (Pvt) Ltd at Malwatta Export Processing Zone, Nittambuwa, Sri Lanka for six months.
ATTENDED INTERNATIONAL EVENTS
As Exhibitor: Metalex 2006, 2007 and 2008 (Asian Largest Metal Technology event at BITEC, Bangkok)
As Exhibitor: TAPA 2008 (Thailand Auto Parts & Accessories at BITEC Bangkok. As Visitor: The Major Event for Automotive and Electronics Parts Manufacturing Industries InterPlas, InterMold, Automotive Manufacturing, Assembly Technology at 2008 (at BITEC Bangkok).
As Exhibitor: Taitronic 2008 at Chennai Trade Center on 11-13 of Sep, 2008. at India.